Old 07-02-2008, 04:31 AM
"Beau Henderson"

Default Firefox 3 stability

Hello,

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@optus.com.au> wrote:

I'm finding it
unusable as it crashes often. How are you guys finding it?
*
*
*

I haven't had a single issue with it myself. Is it possible you may have an addon or other config option causing issues ? Have you tried loading a new profile ?

--
Beau Henderson

Old 07-02-2008, 04:33 AM
Johann Schmitz

Old 07-02-2008, 05:00 AM
"W.Kenworthy"

On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 14:31 +1000, Beau Henderson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@optus.com.au>
> wrote:
> I'm finding it unusable as it crashes often. How are you guys
> finding it?
>

> I haven't had a single issue with it myself. Is it possible you may
> have an addon or other config option causing issues ? Have you tried

> Beau Henderson

Seems to randomly die, dont really see it as faster than FF2,
objectionable behaviour (jumping desktops when its called from another
app), ugly icons, ...

It will get better, ... I hope.

BillK

Old 07-02-2008, 06:55 AM
"Gordon Schulz"

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 6:24 AM, Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@optus.com.au> wrote:
> I'm finding it unusable as it crashes often. How are you guys finding it?

Really fast, no crashes as of yet, totally satisified.

--
Greetings,
Gordon.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:10 AM
"Boris Fersing"

Hi,

I didn't experience any crash with Firefox3, the only problem I had
was a rendering issue with the resized pictures, but this bug is
related to xulrunner-1.9 and it can be fixed in the xorg config.

For me Firefox3 is a lot faster that Firefox2 and I don't have to
restart it every 3 days in order to make it responsive again.

Regards,
Boris.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 08:55, Gordon Schulz <gordon.schulz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 6:24 AM, Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@optus.com.au> wrote:
>> I'm finding it unusable as it crashes often. How are you guys finding it?
>>

> Really fast, no crashes as of yet, totally satisified.
>

> --
> Greetings,
> Gordon.

$ ruby -e'puts " .:@BFegiklnorst".unpack("x4ax7aaX6ax5aX15ax4aax6aa X7ax2
aX5aX8axaX3ax8aX4ax6aX3aX6ax3ax3aX9ax4ax2aX9axaX6a x3aX2ax4
ax3aX4aXaX12ax10aaX7a").join'

Old 07-02-2008, 07:20 AM
Justin

Seems to randomly die, dont really see it as faster than FF2,
objectionable behaviour (jumping desktops when its called from another
app), ugly icons, ...

It will get better, ... I hope.

BillK

I started with a clean profile and got random crashes. It could be a
little faster, but those crashes are nasty. The day ago I was at 20
seconds befor the end of the auction and it crashes!!! Da..!

Old 07-02-2008, 08:30 AM
"stephane ancelot"

On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 06:24:49 +0200, Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@optus.com.au>
I'm finding it unusable as it crashes often. How are you guys finding it?

Yes, move to last opera release, sounds better to me

Old 07-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Philip Webb

080702 Gordon Schulz wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 6:24 AM, Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@optus.com.au> wrote:
>> I'm finding it unusable as it crashes often. How are you guys finding it?
> Really fast, no crashes as of yet, totally satisified.

Same here on KDE 3.5.9 : are the dissatisfied using another DE (smile) ?
Also, it does use less memory, typically 400 MB a/a 700 MB at end of day.

SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@chass.utoronto.ca
ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto

Old 07-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Zhu Sha Zang

Old 07-02-2008, 12:51 PM
7v5w7go9ub0o

Adam Carter wrote:

I'm finding it unusable as it crashes often. How are you guys finding it?

I find the -bin version is stable, and works well with embedded flash
(e.g. youtube).

(I find the new Opera is more stable, and when loaded without the mail
programs (Opera -nomail -nolirc ) it absolutely flies.)

So Opera with JS, Flash, cookies, and IFrames off for general browsing;
FF when I need to do media.

HTH