Old 06-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Jeff Cranmer

Default Printing to an HPD7400 Series Printer

Can anyone help me with the correct CUPs settings to print to an HP D7400
series printer over a wireless network?

I can access the printer's home page via the IP address, but when I set up
CUPS with the printer option socket://192.168.2.4, the job fails, and the
printer screen returns the error
"/usr/libexec/cups/filter/foomatic-rip failed".

I'm using the HP PhotoSmart D7400 Foomatic/hpijs driver.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Jeff

Old 07-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Mick

Hi Jeff,

On Sunday 29 June 2008, Jeff Cranmer wrote:
> Can anyone help me with the correct CUPs settings to print to an HP D7400
> series printer over a wireless network?
>
> I can access the printer's home page via the IP address, but when I set up
> CUPS with the printer option socket://192.168.2.4, the job fails, and the
> printer screen returns the error
> "/usr/libexec/cups/filter/foomatic-rip failed".
>
> I'm using the HP PhotoSmart D7400 Foomatic/hpijs driver.
>
> Any suggestions gratefully received.

Have you tried setting your CUPS (use localhost:631) to connect to:

ipp://192.168.2.4/ipp/port1

Mick