Old 06-29-2008, 05:02 PM
David Relson

Default codec read/write errors

I just noticed that my secondary gentoo machine has a /var/log/messages
file of some 600+ MB. Most of the lines are:

Jun 29 12:53:02 fpc Failure writing to cs5535 codec
Jun 29 12:53:02 fpc Failure reading codec reg 0x7a,Last
value=0x7a800000

and it's adding another 20 or so such lines each second.

The machine has been idle (I thought) for a month or so, though it
seems that it may have been generating these messages for weeks!

I've got no idea why this started nor what software is responsible for
generating these messages.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

David

Old 06-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Willie Wong

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 01:02:39PM -0400, Penguin Lover David Relson squawked:
> Jun 29 12:53:02 fpc Failure writing to cs5535 codec
> Jun 29 12:53:02 fpc Failure reading codec reg 0x7a,Last
> value=0x7a800000
>
> I've got no idea why this started nor what software is responsible for
> generating these messages.
>
> Any thoughts?

cs5535 seems to refer to the alsa audio driver
the only thing software-wise that I can find with acronym fpc is the
free pascal compiler... which I admit doesn't make much sense: why
would a compiler care about writing to an audio driver?

HTH,

Pintsize: If a guitar is a phallic symbol and keyboards are female,
does that mean keytars are hermaphrodites? Hot.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 569 days, 20:46