Old 06-26-2008, 10:09 PM

Default What cpu type in make.conf for E4600

A computer of mine died, and I'm now setting up the replacement. What
do I set -march= to in /etc/make.conf? Below is cpuinfo data for one of
the cores...

livecd gentoo # cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 15
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz
stepping : 13
cpu MHz : 2394.034
cache size : 2048 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 0
cpu cores : 2
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 10
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 ssse3 cx16
xtpr lahf_lm
bogomips : 4790.94
clflush size : 64

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>
Stop the Squeegee Kids in Pinstripe Suits

Old 06-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:09:48 -0400, waltdnes@waltdnes.org wrote:

> model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz

core2 if you use GCC 4.3, nocona for earlier, or set it to native if you
don't use distcc.

--
Neil Bothwick

* * * <- Tribbles    <- teenage mutant ninja tribbles

Old 06-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Brian Johnson

http://gentoo-wiki.com/Safe_Cflags suggests using:

"-march=prescott" for 32-bit