Old 06-26-2008, 07:14 PM
David Harel

Default vmplayer broke again

Hi all,

vmplayer broke again. I guess my last update had to do with gtk but
still when running vmplayer I get:
process 5474: Attempt to remove filter function 0xb58653a0 user data
0x8678f18,but no such filter has been added

D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace.

Already tried to reinstall vmware-player (v 1.0.6.80404) after going to
/opt/vmware/player/bin/vmware-uninstall.pl and also
/opt/vmware/player/bin/vmware-config.pl.

Any idea?

--
Regards.

David Harel,

==================================

Home office +972 77 7657645
Fax: +972 77 7657645
Cellular: +972 54 4534502
Snail Mail: Amuka
D.N Merom Hagalil
13802
Israel
Email: hareldvd@ergolight-sw.com

Old 06-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Friday 27 June 2008, David Harel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> vmplayer broke again. I guess my last update had to do with gtk but
> still when running vmplayer I get:
> process 5474: Attempt to remove filter function 0xb58653a0 user data
> 0x8678f18,but no such filter has been added
> D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace.
>
> Already tried to reinstall vmware-player (v 1.0.6.80404) after going
> to /opt/vmware/player/bin/vmware-uninstall.pl and also
> /opt/vmware/player/bin/vmware-config.pl.

Have you had a kernel upgrade recently and if so, did you update the
vmware modules before rebooting and using vmware again?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 06-28-2008, 10:18 AM
David Harel

Alan McKinnon wrote:

vmplayer broke again. I guess my last update had to do with gtk but

Have you had a kernel upgrade recently and if so, did you update the
vmware modules before rebooting and using vmware again?

Although I upgraded my kernel recently, defenetly I had vmplayer working
after reinstall of vmplayer. Only after further upgrades of other
packages I had the problem. List of upgraded modules:

http://imagebin.org/21704

--
Regards.

David Harel,

==================================

Old 06-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Saturday 28 June 2008, David Harel wrote:
> Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > On Friday 27 June 2008, David Harel wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> vmplayer broke again. I guess my last update had to do with gtk
> >> but
> >
> > Have you had a kernel upgrade recently and if so, did you update
> > the vmware modules before rebooting and using vmware again?
>
> Although I upgraded my kernel recently, defenetly I had vmplayer
> working after reinstall of vmplayer. Only after further upgrades of
> other packages I had the problem. List of upgraded modules:
>
> http://imagebin.org/21704

Once upon a time long long ago, I needed this in package.use:

> --# This is required for vmware-player
dev-cpp/gtkmm accessibility

I haven't used vmware-player for ages, so it's pure luck that the entry
is still there on my machine. I don't recall exact details, but I think
not having that entry caused major gtk issues.

hth