Old 06-26-2008, 01:35 AM
Daniel Iliev

Default loop-aes

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 18:40:08 -0400
Chris Walters <cjw2004d@comcast.net> wrote:

> My original question was: Does anyone know how to compile the
> "extra-ciphers" package that you can find on the loop-aes SourceForge
> site.

The following works here:

1) ebuild `equery w loop-aes` unpack

2) cd $PORTDIR/sys-fs/loop-aes-<version>/work/loop-AES-<version>/

3) make EXTRA_CIPHERS=y

4) cd ../../

5) touch .compiled

6) cd

7) ebuild `equery w loop-aes` merge

(I actually stopped only up to step 3, but it finished w/o error)

Since you said something about lack of documentation about loop-aes,
have you already found this?

http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/loop-AES.README

NOTE: "In order to support AES and other ciphers, mount, umount,
losetup, swapon and swapoff need to be patched and
recompiled."

There's a hope - Gentoo may provide a patched version of util-linux.
In case those tools are not already patched I wouldn't go that far on
a system which is not especially dedicated for this encryption test of
yours.

HTH

--
Best regards,