Old 06-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Grant

Default DVD drive firmware version

Does anyone know how I can find the firmware version in my Lite-On DVD
drive? I have an .exe file with the latest version. Impossible to
use it?

- Grant

Old 06-25-2008, 02:52 PM

Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know how I can find the firmware version in my Lite-On DVD
> drive? I have an .exe file with the latest version. Impossible to
> use it?

cdrecord -inq

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)

Old 06-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Grant

>> Does anyone know how I can find the firmware version in my Lite-On DVD
>> drive? I have an .exe file with the latest version. Impossible to
>> use it?
>
> cdrecord -inq
>
> Jörg

Thank you, that works great. How would you upgrade the firmware?
Maybe boot to a DOS disc?

- Grant

Old 06-25-2008, 03:17 PM

Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:

> > cdrecord -inq
> >
> > Jörg
>
> Thank you, that works great. How would you upgrade the firmware?
> Maybe boot to a DOS disc?

Sorry, this is where I cannot help with LiteON drives.
There may be code for DOS but it it not OSS.

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)

Old 06-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Wednesday 25 June 2008, Grant wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can find the firmware version in my Lite-On DVD
> drive? I have an .exe file with the latest version. Impossible to
> use it?
>
> - Grant

http://forum.rpc1.org/index.php

usually freedos works fine for flashing. For some burners linux flash tools
exist. Oh and the firmware version is also told by:
dmesg
hdparm