Old 06-24-2008, 04:16 AM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

Default SOLVED: gnucash pulls in firefox (when I already have firefox-bin)

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:39:12 -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

> treat Virtual Machines # emerge -at gnucash

> These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:

> Calculating dependencies... done!

> [ebuild *N * *] app-office/gnucash-2.2.3 *USE="quotes -chipcard -debug

> -hbci -ofx"

> [ebuild *N * *] *app-doc/gnucash-docs-2.2.0

> [ebuild *N * *] * gnome-extra/yelp-2.20.0 *USE="-beagle -debug

> -xulrunner" [ebuild *N * *] * *www-client/mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.14

> USE="gnome ipv6 java

yelp is pulling in firefox because you do not have xulrunner in USE.

firefox-bin is no use, the program needs the header files for either

firefox or xulrunner. The current recommendation is to use xulrunner

instead of firefox in this situation, and in your USE flags.

This makes sense,* but I thought I already had that covered.* Here are the two USE lines in my
/etc/make.conf -- note the last few entries in the main one.

USE="Xaw3d aim apache2 apm bash-completion bcmath -bluetooth calendar caps cscope ctype dbm exif fastcgi foomaticdb gphoto2 guile icq imap imlib java joystick libwww mailwrapper mbox mcal mime mmap mmx motif mpi mysql nis nsplugin odbc offensive openal oscar pic posix postgres ppds ruby samba snmp sockets sse ssl svga symlink sysvipc tetex usb xpm xulrunner yahoo -firefox -seamonkey"

USE="$USE tk"********** # Mostly so that python supports fetchmailconf

I'll try explicitly tweaking the yelp USE flags, but it looks to me like some weirdness...

++ kevin

I tried that, and it may have gotten me closer to a solution, or closer to the catch-22.* I can't tell which yet.
package.use explicitly turns off xulrunner for yelp.* I must have thought I needed to do this at some point....

But I was probably just floundering around.* I untweaked it and now the emerge is going forward.* I think this
will solve the problem.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD