-   -   Laptop fails boot on battery (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/112263-laptop-fails-boot-battery.html)

dexters84 06-23-2008 10:46 PM

Laptop fails boot on battery

I have an Asus Z92F laptop - a modification of Asus A6F model

ICH7 chipset
CoreDuo T2250
1,5GB DDR2
Intel 950 graphics
ATA100 HD 80GB

My problem with it is that it fails to boot into linux when working only
on battery. When I plug the power supply and do a fresh boot kernel
loads properly.
Boot proces freezes when kernel enumerates block devices, it is unable
to identify my hard drive.

I've been trying with different kernel versions (2.6.20 - 2.6.24), and
kernel settings - no luck - the only way to boot into linux is to
connect to power supply.

I'll appreciate any advice