-   -   Openssh and Zlib version check (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/111826-openssh-zlib-version-check.html)

Redouane Boumghar 06-23-2008 12:16 PM

Openssh and Zlib version check

Hello everyone,

I am trying to upgrade openssh from version 4.5_p1 to version 4.7_p1
but installation of version 4.7_p1 always crashes at the zlib version check.

openssh 4.7_p1 seems to require zlib version 1.2.3 or greater
that I did have installed since the dinosaurs disappeared.
I keep having this message :

"
checking for possibly buggy zlib... yes
configure: error: *** zlib too old - check config.log ***
"

Whereas my zlib version is : 1.2.3
Installed thanks to ebuild : sys-libs/zlib-1.2.3-r1

So should I hack the ebuild to take the given advice ? :

"./configure --without-zlib-version-check".

Has anyone solved that ? Or is it just my problem ?

Thanks in advance,

:-)
Redouane.

Enrico Weigelt 06-23-2008 09:57 PM

Openssh and Zlib version check

* Redouane Boumghar <redouane.boumghar@magellium.fr> wrote:

Hi,

> I am trying to upgrade openssh from version 4.5_p1 to version 4.7_p1
> but installation of version 4.7_p1 always crashes at the zlib version check.
>
> openssh 4.7_p1 seems to require zlib version 1.2.3 or greater
> that I did have installed since the dinosaurs disappeared.
> I keep having this message :
>
> "
> checking for possibly buggy zlib... yes
> configure: error: *** zlib too old - check config.log ***
> "

Just have a look at openssl's configure.ac ... it's simply crap.
They still didn't learn how to write proper configure scripts.

File a bug the upstream and mask out that version.

cu