Old 06-21-2008, 11:56 AM
dhk

Default boot error - udevd-event

The following message is displayed on boot. The system works fine
despite the message, but I'd still like to know what the cause is and
fix it.

udevd-event[3796]: node symlink: rename(/dev/fb.udev-tmp, /dev/fb)
failed: Is a directory

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

Old 06-21-2008, 12:00 PM
"Ward Poelmans"

2008/6/21 dhk <dhkuhl@optonline.net>:
> udevd-event[3796]: node symlink: rename(/dev/fb.udev-tmp, /dev/fb) failed:
> Is a directory

Check your udev rules. I think he tries to make a symlink to /dev/fb
but it's a directory so he can't.

Ward

Old 06-21-2008, 04:59 PM
dhk

Ward Poelmans wrote:

udevd-event[3796]: node symlink: rename(/dev/fb.udev-tmp, /dev/fb) failed:
Is a directory

Check your udev rules. I think he tries to make a symlink to /dev/fb
but it's a directory so he can't.

Ward
I looked in /etc/udev/rules.d but I not sure how all that's used. What
are the rules suppose to be?

Old 06-21-2008, 05:20 PM
"Ward Poelmans"

2008/6/21 dhk <dhkuhl@optonline.net>:
> I looked in /etc/udev/rules.d but I not sure how all that's used. What are
> the rules suppose to be?

Here you can find everything about udev rules:
http://reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html

You should look for a rule that with SYMLINK=/dev/fb or something alike in it.

Ward