Old 06-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Helmut Jarausch

Default temporarily lower gcc's optimization flags - HowTo

Hi,

due to a bug with gcc-4.3.1 when used with -O2 or higher
I need to emerge a package with a lower optimization (-O1)
than my default in /etc/make.conf (which is -O2)

Is there a means to do so without changing /etc/make.conf temporarily?

Many thanks for a hint,

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

Old 06-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Justin

Helmut Jarausch schrieb:

Hi,

due to a bug with gcc-4.3.1 when used with -O2 or higher
I need to emerge a package with a lower optimization (-O1)
than my default in /etc/make.conf (which is -O2)

Is there a means to do so without changing /etc/make.conf temporarily?

Many thanks for a hint,

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

There was a big discussion abou that a few days ago:

tuning ./configure parameters via emerge

was the name of the thread.

In short:

/etc/portage/env/<cat>/<pkg>

can be used to overwrite every variable the portage recognizes on an
package specific base. (F77 needs an export in front for many packages)