Old 06-18-2008, 04:30 AM
maxim wexler

Default installing firefox 3 from tarball

Hi group,

digg.com announces this is "firefox download day", so I got the tarball and unwrapped in my home dir.

According to this

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Configuring_Build_Options

I'm supposed to make a .mozconfig file first then, not sure, run ./mozconfig? It doesn't say. Doesn't work anyways nor does ./configure.

heathen@localhost ~/firefox $ make -f client.mk build
make: client.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `client.mk'. Stop.

Anyone know how to configure this puppy?

Maxim

Old 06-18-2008, 04:36 AM
deface

yeah, sync your portage tree, then emerge it

digg.com announces this is "firefox download day", so I got the
tarball and unwrapped in my home dir.

According to this

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Configuring_Build_Options

I'm supposed to make a .mozconfig file first then, not sure, run ./
mozconfig? It doesn't say. Doesn't work anyways nor does ./configure.

naturally that fails since there's no Makefile or client.mk for that
matter.