Old 06-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Grant

Default /etc/conf.d/net postup help

I've tried a lot of stuff but I can't seem to get the postup syntax right:

postup() {
set -xv
if [[ ${IFACE} == "ath0" ]] ; then
iwconfig ath0 rate 2M
fi
return 0
}

Can anybody help with this?

- Grant

Old 06-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Iain Buchanan

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 12:02 -0700, Grant wrote:
> I've tried a lot of stuff but I can't seem to get the postup syntax right:
>
> postup() {
> set -xv
> if [[ ${IFACE} == "ath0" ]] ; then
> iwconfig ath0 rate 2M
> fi
> return 0
> }
>
> Can anybody help with this?

looks fine to me. What's happening, (or not)? Any error messages, or
any output at all? Maybe you're using iwconfig too soon (before
association), but I'm only geussing. Full paths could also help.

HTH,

Real programmers don't comment their code. It was hard to write, it
should be hard to understand.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:21 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:02:33 -0700, Grant wrote:

> I've tried a lot of stuff but I can't seem to get the postup syntax
> right:
>
> postup() {
> set -xv
> if [[ ${IFACE} == "ath0" ]] ; then
> iwconfig ath0 rate 2M
> fi
> return 0
> }

What is wrong, the syntax looks fine. Does running the iwconfig manually
after connection work?

--
Neil Bothwick

NOTICE:
-- THE ELEVATORS WILL BE OUT OF ORDER TODAY --
(The nearest working elevators are in the building
across the street.)

Old 06-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Grant

>> I've tried a lot of stuff but I can't seem to get the postup syntax
>> right:
>>
>> postup() {
>> set -xv
>> if [[ ${IFACE} == "ath0" ]] ; then
>> iwconfig ath0 rate 2M
>> fi
>> return 0
>> }
>
> What is wrong, the syntax looks fine. Does running the iwconfig manually
> after connection work?

I can't test the computer that's having the issue right now, but it
outputs some strange stuff like:

/a/t/h/0/

during boot and the rate isn't locked down. Running the command
manually definitely works. I can get more specific info on the output
tomorrow, but please let me know if anything pops into your head.

- Grant

Old 06-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:44:10 -0700, Grant wrote:

> >> postup() {
> >> set -xv
> >> if [[ ${IFACE} == "ath0" ]] ; then
> >> iwconfig ath0 rate 2M
> >> fi
> >> return 0
> >> }
> >
> > What is wrong, the syntax looks fine. Does running the iwconfig
> > manually after connection work?
>
> I can't test the computer that's having the issue right now, but it
> outputs some strange stuff like:
>
> /a/t/h/0/

Try it without the set line, this is not running in a bash shell. If you
need information as the script runs, echo it to a file and tail that
file.

--
Neil Bothwick

"Bother," said Pooh, more from force of habit than anything else.