-   -   Installing Gentoo 2007.0 (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/107028-installing-gentoo-2007-0-a.html)

Norman Hakim 06-15-2008 05:07 AM

Installing Gentoo 2007.0

hi...I have one problem,after boot my Gentoo liveCD,after i chose to boot for the kernel and hardware,after the gui appeared and also progress bar until it finished boot the system,suddenly my monitor goes to standby mode,i'm wondering why is this happen.

Thank you.

Regards,
Norman Hakim

NORMAN HAKIM YAHYA

"Mark Shields" 06-15-2008 06:29 PM

Installing Gentoo 2007.0

hi...I have one problem,after boot my Gentoo liveCD,after i chose to boot for the kernel and hardware,after the gui appeared and also progress bar until it finished boot the system,suddenly my monitor goes to standby mode,i'm wondering why is this happen.

Thank you.

Regards,
Norman Hakim

NORMAN HAKIM YAHYA

Sounds like a problem with it detecting your video card or your monitor.* I'd suggest doing the text-based install instead.
--
- Mark Shields

Norman Hakim 06-16-2008 01:06 AM

Installing Gentoo 2007.0

hi...I have one problem,after boot my Gentoo liveCD,after i chose to boot for the kernel and hardware,after the gui appeared and also progress bar until it finished boot the system,suddenly my monitor goes to standby mode,i'm wondering why is this happen.

Thank you.

Regards,
Norman Hakim

NORMAN HAKIM YAHYA
Sounds like a problem with it detecting your video card or your monitor.* I'd suggest doing the text-based install instead.
--
- Mark Shields Because after my monitor turn to standby mode, after a few seconds there is a sound from my graphic card. How do i actually do the text-based install? from the* guideline handbook only show how to install by using gui.

Thank you

Norman

NORMAN HAKIM YAHYA

"Mark Shields" 06-16-2008 02:30 AM

Installing Gentoo 2007.0

[...]

You'll need the minimal install cd.* See: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=1&chap=2#doc_chap2 - the handbook covers both the liveCD install and the minimal cd install.* Here's a link to the minimal cd for x86: http://bouncer.gentoo.org/fetch/gentoo-2007.0-minimal/x86/ - or if you don't use x86, see: http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/where.xml

The text-based install is not automated like most of the gui installer. The text-based install does not give you a bootable, gui-based system; you have to build it yourself.* But I assure you, you will learn a lot more by doing so, and you'll have a lean system built to the way you want it.* This used to be the only method for any install until the gui installer came along.

--
- Mark Shields