Old 06-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Erik Danielsson

Default syslog-ng logging problem

Hello!

I'm unable to get the logging up and running as it should.
I've tried syslog-ng, which seems to be pretty much what I need, but it
keeps spamming my logs with a weird error message I can't seem to figure
out.

It fills the logs with

"syslog-ng[9533]: Error opening file for writing; filename='/dev/tty12',
error='Permission denied (13)'"

and never stops. It pushes the CPU usage up to almost 100% as well.

What's going on?

Best wishes
Erik