Old 06-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Grant

Default ALSA plug device

I'm trying to make sure any audio sent to my USB DAC sound card
(snd-usb-audio driver) is 16-bit/44.1khz. I plan to test with this
syntax:

# cat /root/.asoundrc
pcm.usb_audio {
type hw
card 0
}
pcm.usb_audio_44 {
type plug
slave {
pcm usb_audio
rate 44100
}
}

But I get a "problems opening audio device" error when writing
mpd.conf like this:

audio_output {
type "alsa"
name "USB Monica"
device "usb_audio"
}

That is, I can't get it to work even if specifying the hw card, so I
must have a syntax problem. I do think it's with .asoundrc. Can
anyone help me out here?

- Grant