Old 06-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Philipp Riegger

Default Firefox3 jumping between virtual desktops

Good morning,

I installed firefox 3 rc2 some days ago and maybe some other
applications, too. Since then, ther is a strange behaviour.

Before: When i click a link in Evolution on Desktop 2, Firefox opens it
in a new tab and stays on Desktop 1.

After: Firefox moves to Desktop 2 and is the focused App, which prevents
me from continuing to read my email.

Any idea how i can fix this?

Is there a way to force Applications to stay on one specific Desktop?

About my setup: Gentoo ~x86, Gnome.

Philipp

Old 06-19-2008, 12:48 PM

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:06:53 +0200
Philipp Riegger <lists@anderedomain.de> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> I installed firefox 3 rc2 some days ago and maybe some other
> applications, too. Since then, ther is a strange behaviour.
>
> Before: When i click a link in Evolution on Desktop 2, Firefox opens
> it in a new tab and stays on Desktop 1.
>
> After: Firefox moves to Desktop 2 and is the focused App, which
> prevents me from continuing to read my email.
>
> Any idea how i can fix this?
>
> Is there a way to force Applications to stay on one specific Desktop?
>
> About my setup: Gentoo ~x86, Gnome.
>
> Philipp

I'm sorry i can't provide a solution to this, but would also be very
interested! If you found one, or anyone else reading this, please reply.

Patric

Old 06-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Nicolas Sebrecht

<bzk0711@aim.com> a écrit:

> > Any idea how i can fix this?

> I'm sorry i can't provide a solution to this, but would also be very
> interested! If you found one, or anyone else reading this, please
> reply.

I guess you'll have more answer by asking to the Mozilla community
directly.

--
Nicolas Sebrecht

Old 06-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Nicolas Sebrecht

Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@laposte.net> a écrit:

> I guess you'll have more answer by asking to the Mozilla community
> directly.

Well, you can check my answer in the thread with topic "FrireFox3
behaving badly ".

There are open bug reports already done to Mozilla.

--
Nicolas Sebrecht