Old 06-09-2008, 03:34 PM
"Yoav Luft"

Default Can't play audio CD's

Hello all,
All of the sudden I found out that I can no longer play audio cd's from my computer, nor can I rip them and listen to the music from my HD. I have checked that the CD drive works (I can mount data cd's), and I checked /etc/mtab in case audio cd's are being mounted automatically by hald or something, and they are not. dmesg provides no clues, and alsamixer's settings seem reasonable enough. Grip recognize there's a cd, and appears to play it, but I don't hear nothing. When I try to rip the cd, it gives a "no cd" error. Gnome's CD player gives a "no cd" message as well. Grip (and I think some other program) finds CDDB info for CD's.

Any clue what's going on?