Old 06-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Brian Jedsen

Default Hello; my introduction

Hello! My name is Brian Jedsen, from California, U.S. I am interested
in contributing to the fedora-art community by contributing art, if it
is acceptable I don't have much experience with digital art, but I
believe I have something to offer.

Thank you,
Brian Jedsen

Old 06-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Máirín Duffy

Hi Brian and Carl,

Brian Jedsen wrote:

Hello! My name is Brian Jedsen, from California, U.S. I am interested
in contributing to the fedora-art community by contributing art, if
it is acceptable I don't have much experience with digital art,
but I believe I have something to offer.

Carl Ellement wrote:

My name is Carl Ellement, from Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada. I am
interested in contributing artwork to the Fedora project, and
becoming a contributing member of the artTeam.

I have some digital art production experience, mainly with adobe
products in a windows environment. I am anxious to learn more about
Linux and open source software and I feel I have much to offer!

Welcome! You may have noticed we have a requirement that you must fulfill
before we can approve your request to join the Fedora art group in the
Fedora account system:

"Complete a small design task such as one at the design service queue or
email the fedora-art-list mailing list to be assigned a task." [1]

You will find a few open requests at the design service queue that you
could use to fulfill this requirement:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService

You can claim the one you'd like to work on on the wiki directly.
Alternatively, you can also design some mockups for the Fedora 10
artwork themes that have been proposed:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have questions or need help. We
look forward to working with you and seeing your progress!

Thanks!
~m

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork#First_Steps

Old 06-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Nicu Buculei

Máirín Duffy wrote:

Hi Brian and Carl,

Welcome! You may have noticed we have a requirement that you must fulfill
before we can approve your request to join the Fedora art group in the
Fedora account system:

"Complete a small design task such as one at the design service queue or
email the fedora-art-list mailing list to be assigned a task." [1]

You will find a few open requests at the design service queue that you
could use to fulfill this requirement:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService

You can claim the one you'd like to work on on the wiki directly.
Alternatively, you can also design some mockups for the Fedora 10
artwork themes that have been proposed:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have questions or need help. We
look forward to working with you and seeing your progress!

Or maybe an Echo icon:
https://fedorahosted.org/echo-icon-theme/wiki/IconThemeStatus

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork#First_Steps

Note: those introductions are follow-ups to my introductory emails send
to FAS account requesters.