Old 06-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Frank Murphy

Default Bear with me -- mediumlong term project

http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.c/qx/duffy-coat-arms.htm

(Used your coat as example, hope you don't mind Mo)

After looking at the doylemurphy coats our hallway wall.

Had an idea for a concept wallpaper for fedora (not for f10)

Knight on a charger, framed in foliage rees.
With the heraldic shield "licentia vox vocis infinitio"

I would like this to be a group effort, rather than a frank effort.
To help keep the old ego in line.

Will do a quickie sketch of what am considering.
during the week, depending on the time.

Frank

Old 06-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Nicu Buculei

Frank Murphy wrote:

http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.c/qx/duffy-coat-arms.htm

And then we can choose our favorite weapon, song, sidekick and go
kicking some zombie asses?

Old 06-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Frank Murphy

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 12:07 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Frank Murphy wrote:
> > http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.c/qx/duffy-coat-arms.htm
>
> And then we can choose our favorite weapon, song, sidekick and go
> kicking some zombie asses?

This ain't no windmill chase ,

Frank

Old 06-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Nicu Buculei

Frank Murphy wrote:

And then we can choose our favorite weapon, song, sidekick and go
kicking some zombie asses?

This ain't no windmill chase ,

I was joking about the running meme from Planet Fedora.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Frank Murphy

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 12:40 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Frank Murphy wrote:
> >> And then we can choose our favorite weapon, song, sidekick and go
> >> kicking some zombie asses?
> >>

> > This ain't no windmill chase ,
>
> I was joking about the running meme from Planet Fedora.

Just saw that now he he

Old 06-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Frank Murphy

Does this pass ok, for use in a fedora bg

http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=2887

it appears to be public domain

If someone has horses nearby and can take sonme good snaps, would
apprectiate it. Front, flanks, rear, cklose up head, for rotoscoping.

Colour of horse totally irreverant

Frank

Old 06-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Nicu Buculei

Frank Murphy wrote:

Does this pass ok, for use in a fedora bg

http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=2887

it appears to be public domain

License-wise is seems to be OK, even the font metadata says "public
domain dedication"

However, there a number of reasons (I swear we have a page in the wiki
about this, I am just unable to find it right now) why text in a desktop
wallpaper is not a good idea (mainly because we are an international
distro targeting people from a lot of cultures, speaking a lot of
different languages and that text is not translatable).

Old 06-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Frank Murphy

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 13:29 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Frank Murphy wrote:
> > Does this pass ok, for use in a fedora bg
> >
> > http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=2887
> >
> > it appears to be public domain
>
> License-wise is seems to be OK, even the font metadata says "public
> domain dedication"
>
> However, there a number of reasons (I swear we have a page in the wiki
> about this, I am just unable to find it right now) why text in a desktop
> wallpaper is not a good idea

I saw that, but as Latin thought it be be worth a shot,