Old 06-08-2008, 10:59 AM
"Joachim Frieben"

Default F10 theme proposal - Fedora Borealis reloaded

Back when the F7 default theme was under planning, a vote placed the
"Borealis" theme proposal second to the winning "Planet" theme and in
front of the "Flying High" theme which would become the F7 theme later
on. I am greatly in favour of picking up this great theme again. A
cute mockup can be found at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_FC7Themes_Fc7ThemeProposalFedoraBore alis_fc7themeproposal-fedoraborealis-gtkmetacity-mock1.png
Moreover, the designer ist still around which is an advantage, too .. ;o) ~j

Old 06-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Frank Murphy

On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 12:59 +0200, Joachim Frieben wrote:
> Back when the F7 default theme was under planning, a vote placed the
> "Borealis" theme proposal second to the winning "Planet" theme and in
> front of the "Flying High" theme which would become the F7 theme later
> on. I am greatly in favour of picking up this great theme again. A
> cute mockup can be found at:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_FC7Themes_Fc7ThemeProposalFedoraBore alis_fc7themeproposal-fedoraborealis-gtkmetacity-mock1.png
> Moreover, the designer ist still around which is an advantage, too .. ;o) ~j

Not sure if it would fit with the name Borealis, as to me it brings
vapor trails to mind. Maybe more erratic lines with greenlue hues
http://climate.gi.alaska.edu/Curtis/aurora/aurora.html

http://climate.gi.alaska.edu/Curtis/aurora/aurora.html

Frank

Old 06-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Nicu Buculei

Joachim Frieben wrote:

Back when the F7 default theme was under planning, a vote placed the
"Borealis" theme proposal second to the winning "Planet" theme and in
front of the "Flying High" theme which would become the F7 theme later
on. I am greatly in favour of picking up this great theme again. A
cute mockup can be found at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_FC7Themes_Fc7ThemeProposalFedoraBore alis_fc7themeproposal-fedoraborealis-gtkmetacity-mock1.png

Then feel free to add it as a formal proposal (with a dedicated wiki
page in the F10 themes space)

Moreover, the designer ist still around which is an advantage, too .. ;o) ~j

That if she didn't move on and still have interest in it.
Anyway, if you want to run this theme proposal formally, consider
refreshing it a bit.