-   -   for mobile GPRS cards Nozomi module works (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/101515-mobile-gprs-cards-nozomi-module-works.html)

Dimitrios Ropokis 06-05-2008 07:46 PM

for mobile GPRS cards Nozomi module works

Hi to all,
I managed to make Option Globetrotter Card working in Gentoo
with Gnome 2.20 , kernel gentoo-sources-2.6.25-r4 made with genkernel,
and gnome-ppp, this worked for Vodafone Greece,
modem=/dev/noz0in gnome-ppp username=vodafone,
password=vodafone,phone=*99***1#,DNS in automatic
in kernel compile enable the character device called HSDPA modem with
genkernel - known name for it is nozomi,
then:
mknod /dev/noz0 c 241 0; mknod /dev/noz1 c 241 1
mknod /dev/noz2 c 241 2; mknod /dev/noz3 c 241 3
with next reboot and gnome-ppp net works!

I want also to add that I prefer to use these free DNS Servers
in /etc/resolv.conf:
nameserver 208.67.222.222
nameserver 208.67.220.220

bad news are my wvdial nozomi did not worked:
here is my wvdial.conf:
[Dialer Defaults]
Phone = *99***1#
Username = use
Password = pass
Stupid Mode = 1
Dial Command = ATDT
[Dialer nozomi]
Modem = /dev/noz0
Baud = 460800
Init2 = ATZ
Init3 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0

anyway I have a perfect - moveable linux laptop!
Thank y all!

Iain Buchanan 06-06-2008 04:45 AM

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 22:46 +0300, Dimitrios Ropokis wrote:
> Hi to all,
> I managed to make Option Globetrotter Card working in Gentoo
> with Gnome 2.20 , kernel gentoo-sources-2.6.25-r4 made with genkernel,
> and gnome-ppp, this worked for Vodafone Greece,
> modem=/dev/noz0in gnome-ppp username=vodafone,
> password=vodafone,phone=*99***1#,DNS in automatic
> in kernel compile enable the character device called HSDPA modem with
> genkernel - known name for it is nozomi,
> then:
> mknod /dev/noz0 c 241 0; mknod /dev/noz1 c 241 1
> mknod /dev/noz2 c 241 2; mknod /dev/noz3 c 241 3
> with next reboot and gnome-ppp net works!
>
> I want also to add that I prefer to use these free DNS Servers
> in /etc/resolv.conf:
> nameserver 208.67.222.222
> nameserver 208.67.220.220
>
> bad news are my wvdial nozomi did not worked:
> here is my wvdial.conf:
> [Dialer Defaults]
> Phone = *99***1#
> Username = use
> Password = pass
> Stupid Mode = 1
> Dial Command = ATDT
> [Dialer nozomi]
> Modem = /dev/noz0
> Baud = 460800
> Init2 = ATZ
> Init3 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
>
> anyway I have a perfect - moveable linux laptop!
> Thank y all!

That's great!

for everyone in Australia, this site is invaluable:
http://quozl.linux.org.au/bp3-usb/

I've been "touring the country" with it for a while now, and it works
great! (well... as good as our beloved Telco makes it ;)

cya,

Reliable source, n.:
The guy you just met.