Old 02-04-2008, 09:28 PM
"Markus Hauschild"

Default Call for feature requests for 2008.0 - Universal-CD

On Feb 4, 2008 11:18 PM, Brent Baude <ranger@gentoo.org> wrote:
> If you feel so strongly about
> Gentoo and want to advocate for users, please join and begin to
> contribute to that extent. This is how the current team members got
> started.

Not to harm anyone, but why would one want to become a dev at the
releng team, if there is obviously no chance to get the Universal (or
a new similar media) readded, since the releng-lead is strictly
against that kind of media ?

Well summary for me: don't except any progress on this matter and
stick with minimal + hope you always have a LAN cable and another box
with stage3+portage or internet available when you want to install
gentoo on a box

--

Cheers, Markus

Old 02-04-2008, 09:39 PM
"Markus Hauschild"

On Feb 4, 2008 11:36 PM, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@gentoo.org> wrote:

> > I'd love a minimal + stage3 + portage-snapshot + stuff you really need
> > (kernel sources, grub, maybe a syslogger)
>
> You just described an Universal CD.

What I described wouldn't necessarily be a 700MB media.

Seems I have to learn how to use Catalyst then (and sorry for stealing
the time you need to get 2008.0 done - should be my last mail on this
topic)

--

Cheers, Markus