FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo Releng

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Nicu Buculei
 
Default new tshirts

I decided to break the ice and upload to the wiki page a very simple
generic design (monochrome, to save the price as much as possible), take
it as a challenge to show your designs too:


http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/T-Shirt

I also put on the page a couple of blank shirt templates (mane tshirt
and polo), with SVG sources, which can be used to create a realistic
preview of the final work, use them.


--
nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com
Cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
Open Clip Art Library: http://www.openclipart.org
my Fedora stuff: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 02-02-2008, 05:46 AM
Máirín Duffy
 
Default new tshirts

Hey Nicu!

Nicu Buculei wrote:
I decided to break the ice and upload to the wiki page a very simple
generic design (monochrome, to save the price as much as possible), take
it as a challenge to show your designs too:


http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/T-Shirt

I also put on the page a couple of blank shirt templates (mane tshirt
and polo), with SVG sources, which can be used to create a realistic
preview of the final work, use them.


Great idea, thanks for setting this page up! The templates look really
good. I just designed and uploaded a couple of FUDcon Boston tshirt ideas:


http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/T-Shirt#head-ab1701a84d5363f4c78ff3065420cea52600e4a0

~m

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 02-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Gerold Kassube
 
Default new tshirts

Hi,

please excuse, but I have a basicly question because of the logo which
is shown on the page ...
Have we changed it in that way like Nico did, or did I miss that part?
If not, I'll ask if its allowed to do so, manipulating a given
"brand" ...

I only want to ask, nothing more

Thanks

Gerold


Am Samstag, den 02.02.2008, 01:46 -0500 schrieb Máirín Duffy:
> Hey Nicu!
>
> Nicu Buculei wrote:
> > I decided to break the ice and upload to the wiki page a very simple
> > generic design (monochrome, to save the price as much as possible), take
> > it as a challenge to show your designs too:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/T-Shirt
> >
> > I also put on the page a couple of blank shirt templates (mane tshirt
> > and polo), with SVG sources, which can be used to create a realistic
> > preview of the final work, use them.
>
> Great idea, thanks for setting this page up! The templates look really
> good. I just designed and uploaded a couple of FUDcon Boston tshirt ideas:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/T-Shirt#head-ab1701a84d5363f4c78ff3065420cea52600e4a0
>
> ~m
>
> _______________________________________________
> Fedora-art-list mailing list
> Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
> http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 02-04-2008, 06:48 AM
Nicu Buculei
 
Default new tshirts

Gerold Kassube wrote:


please excuse, but I have a basicly question because of the logo which
is shown on the page ...
Have we changed it in that way like Nico did, or did I miss that part?
If not, I'll ask if its allowed to do so, manipulating a given
"brand" ...


It was my own unauthorized modification. Feel free to beat me over my
head with the logo usage guidelines and remove the submission if I
was wrong.


My idea was to provide a version for the cheapest possible printing,
with just one single color (the printing price is directly related to
the number of colors). Maybe I'll try an alternate version using some
kind of dithering for light blue.


--
nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com
Cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
Open Clip Art Library: http://www.openclipart.org
my Fedora stuff: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 02-04-2008, 07:07 AM
"Gerold"
 
Default new tshirts

*bang**bang**bang*

Nicu, you're one of the guys who do a lot of and imho great work for us ...

I don't want to beat you down :-)

As written; I only wondered, see that modification of the logo and thought
I missed something; what can really happen (why not?) *g*

So feel free and modify again; you're Art-Team, me is only a small German
Ambassador who needs some times a lot of things from the Art-Team

Wish you a nice week-start

Gerold


> Gerold Kassube wrote:
>>
>> please excuse, but I have a basicly question because of the logo which
>> is shown on the page ...
>> Have we changed it in that way like Nico did, or did I miss that part?
>> If not, I'll ask if its allowed to do so, manipulating a given
>> "brand" ...
>
> It was my own unauthorized modification. Feel free to beat me over my
> head with the logo usage guidelines and remove the submission if I
> was wrong.
>
> My idea was to provide a version for the cheapest possible printing,
> with just one single color (the printing price is directly related to
> the number of colors). Maybe I'll try an alternate version using some
> kind of dithering for light blue.
>
> --
> nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com
> Cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
> Open Clip Art Library: http://www.openclipart.org
> my Fedora stuff: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro
>
> _______________________________________________
> Fedora-art-list mailing list
> Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
> http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
>


_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 02-04-2008, 03:38 PM
"Jeff Spaleta"
 
Default new tshirts

On Feb 3, 2008 10:48 PM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> It was my own unauthorized modification. Feel free to beat me over my
> head with the logo usage guidelines and remove the submission if I
> was wrong.
>
> My idea was to provide a version for the cheapest possible printing,
> with just one single color (the printing price is directly related to
> the number of colors). Maybe I'll try an alternate version using some
> kind of dithering for light blue.

We don't have an official single color version of the logo already?

-jef

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 02-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Máirín Duffy
 
Default new tshirts

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

On Feb 3, 2008 10:48 PM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro> wrote:

It was my own unauthorized modification. Feel free to beat me over my
head with the logo usage guidelines and remove the submission if I
was wrong.

My idea was to provide a version for the cheapest possible printing,
with just one single color (the printing price is directly related to
the number of colors). Maybe I'll try an alternate version using some
kind of dithering for light blue.


We don't have an official single color version of the logo already?


Nope, there is no official version of a single color Fedora logo. We
have a black and white version but it's really black, white, and grey.
The version that Nicu came up with is really the only possible way to
make the Fedora logo one-color. If there should be an official one-color
version I would say Nicu's should be it, however, whenever possible I
think we should avoid it just because it's easier to make out the 'f' in
at least two colors.


~m

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 02-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Nicu Buculei
 
Default new tshirts

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

On Feb 3, 2008 10:48 PM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro> wrote:

My idea was to provide a version for the cheapest possible printing,
with just one single color (the printing price is directly related to
the number of colors). Maybe I'll try an alternate version using some
kind of dithering for light blue.


We don't have an official single color version of the logo already?


Nope - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines

The closest we have is "black and white", but that is not single color,
is black and gray.


--
nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com
Cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
Open Clip Art Library: http://www.openclipart.org
my Fedora stuff: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 02-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Michael Beckwith
 
Default new tshirts

One idea I had last night while reading my e-mail offline at home, was
putting the refined versions of Mairin's poster designs and using them
on the shirts. The designs that have the 3 parts of one of Fedora's
motto on it. We could sell them individually and perhaps as a 3 pack at
a discount rate.


Max Spevack wrote:

Hi art team,

We would like to make tshirts for a variety of Fedora needs. I
thought I would email this list to see if folks here wanted to work on
ideas, etc.


This is a very liberal request -- I don't want to put any restrictions
on your ideas or designs.


Stuff we are looking for:

* A "general" Fedora tshirt, to replace the one we have now that is
just the Fedora logo on the front. This will be our "main" swag item
for, say, the next year.


* a tshirt for FUDCon at the Red Hat Summit in Boston, June 2008, for
everyone who shows up.


* a tshirt for Fedora @ LinuxTag (biggest linux show in europe) in
Berlin, May 2008, for the people in the booth and also as a giveaway.


* now that we have a codename for Fedora 9, maybe some sort of tshirt
that is derived from the Fedora 9 theme/artwork.


Just thought I'd see what kind of discussion this generates, and try
to start the discussion with a lot of lead time.


thanks! As always, you guys are awesome.

--Max

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list




--
~Michael
http://ridleytx.structed.net (for now)
http://michaelbox.net (eventually)


_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:31 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org