Old 07-28-2008, 03:34 PM
"Markus Hauschild"

Default IRC Channel

Thanks to whomever removed the invite only flag

Old 07-28-2008, 04:07 PM
"John Alberts"

I also thought it was a little odd to have releng channel be invite
only, although I certainly understand the need to keep the spam to a
minimum. I completely agree with the format they have used in the
past of having meetings being invite only during the beginning and
then opening up the channel at the end for the users to ask question
and give comments.

Regards,
John Alberts

--
John Alberts

Old 07-29-2008, 03:00 PM
"John Alberts"

Now, we can't even idle in releng to see what's going on in gentoo
release engineering land? I thought all official gentoo irc channels
are supposed to be public except for the private core channel?

--
John Alberts

Old 07-29-2008, 03:07 PM
"Tom Gall"

That's odd ... I'm still connected.

But I entirely agree with your comment. releng's channel shouldn't be private.

Regards,

Tom

Old 07-29-2008, 03:22 PM
gionnico

Tom Gall wrote:

That's odd ... I'm still connected.

But I entirely agree with your comment. releng's channel shouldn't be private.

Regards,

Tom

If this is a voting, I agree it should be public - for example there's
still a problem with 2008.0 media that prevents gentoo-x64 loading in
certain machines (P35+Q6600?): we could have discussed it in there, also
or I could listen.

Sponsor:
Scopri il Blog di Email.it: curiosit, tendenze, storie in diretta dal Web
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=8135&d=29-7

Old 07-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Ben de Groot

John Alberts wrote:
> Now, we can't even idle in releng to see what's going on in gentoo
> release engineering land? I thought all official gentoo irc channels
> are supposed to be public except for the private core channel?

You can. The provate status was only temporary and has been removed.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Andrew Gaffney

gionnico wrote:

Tom Gall wrote:

That's odd ... I'm still connected.

But I entirely agree with your comment. releng's channel shouldn't be
private.

Regards,

Tom

If this is a voting, I agree it should be public - for example there's
still a problem with 2008.0 media that prevents gentoo-x64 loading in
certain machines (P35+Q6600?): we could have discussed it in there, also
or I could listen.

Please pay attention before spouting off at the mouth. It was only marked as +is
for about 10 minutes. The channel is now mine and I've removed the restriction.
Quit bitching about something that doesn't exist.

Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator

Old 07-29-2008, 03:42 PM
"John Alberts"

I'm sorry. It didn't seem to me that it was temporary with the last
comments before I got kicked this morning:

09:49 <@wolf31o2> OK... this channel is now closed... what that means
is if you're not in release engineering
or a member of another team that works directly with
release engineering, you're getting
the boot
09:49 <@wolf31o2> sorry, guys
09:49 <@wolf31o2> but being banned by IP on Freenode because of
something that I supposedly said doesn't give
me much incentive to leave my conversations in public
09:50 <+agaffney> I was about to suggest making it +i like #-infra

In any case, I'm glad it's not private.

John Alberts

--
John Alberts

Old 07-29-2008, 08:42 PM
Ben de Groot

John Alberts wrote:
> I'm sorry. It didn't seem to me that it was temporary with the last
> comments before I got kicked this morning:

Yeah, that was unfortunate. Sorry about that, you're welcome back.

Ben
[RelEng PR liaison]

Old 08-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Δημήτρης Ζέρβας

hello, I want a private IRC channel for <10 users. with voice chat ability.
Do I have to set up my own server, or I can find a free provider for this?
Also, if i've to set up a server, which ircd do you recommend?
I want it to support voice chat and be very lightweight!

--
(\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
(0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.