Old 08-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Jean-Luc Bassereau

Default IRC channel

Le 01/08/2012 14:37, Δημήτρης Ζ*ρβας a écrit*:
hello, I want a private IRC channel for <10 users. with voice chat
ability.
Do I have to set up my own server, or I can find a free provider for
this?

Also, if i've to set up a server, which ircd do you recommend?
I want it to support voice chat and be very lightweight!

Hello,

You can do this on almost all IRC network like Freenode, IRCnet,
Efnet....
But you are free to set up your own server. Just pay attention to the
security, !

Old 08-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Δημήτρης Ζέρβας

with password-protected channels?
--
(\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
(0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Kwpolska

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Δημήτρης Ζ*ρβας <01ttouch@gmail.com> wrote:
> with password-protected channels?
> --
> (\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
> (0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.
> (> <) come join the dark side.
> /_|_ (we have cookies.)
>

> On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Jean-Luc Bassereau <jlb@onetoserve.net>wrote:
>
>> Le 01/08/2012 14:37, Δημήτρης Ζ*ρβας a écrit :
>>
>> hello, I want a private IRC channel for <10 users. with voice chat
>>> ability.
>>> Do I have to set up my own server, or I can find a free provider for this?
>>> Also, if i've to set up a server, which ircd do you recommend?
>>> I want it to support voice chat and be very lightweight!
>>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> You can do this on almost all IRC network like Freenode, IRCnet, Efnet....
>> But you are free to set up your own server. Just pay attention to the
>> security, !

1. DO NOT TOP POST.
2. There is NO voice chat on IRC. Get something else.
3. This is OT.

--
Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk>
stop html mail | always bottom-post

Old 08-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Mantas Mikulėnas

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Δημήτρης Ζ*ρβας <01ttouch@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello, I want a private IRC channel for <10 users. with voice chat ability.
> Do I have to set up my own server, or I can find a free provider for this?
> Also, if i've to set up a server, which ircd do you recommend?
> I want it to support voice chat and be very lightweight!

You can set up private channels practically anywhere – Freenode is
popular among geeks; then there's Quakenet, foonetic, OFTC, IRCnet,
DALnet, EFnet, and so on, as well as a whole ton of tiny networks.

If you want to run your own server, I'd recommend Charybdis ircd,
although UnrealIRCd is not bad either. For the IRC services (NickServ,
ChanServ, etc), use Atheme.

However, IRC does not have built-in support for voice chat, regardless
of which ircd you choose. Some IRC clients claim to support it (e.g.
KVIrc), but it's always implemented client-side, and it usually works
only between two users...

--
Mantas Mikulėnas

Old 08-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Mantas Mikulėnas

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Kwpolska <kwpolska@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. DO NOT TOP POST.
> 2. There is NO voice chat on IRC. Get something else.
> 3. This is OT.

I believe discussions regarding top-posting vs bottom-posting are OT here.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas

Old 08-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Δημήτρης Ζέρβας

--

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Kwpolska <kwpolska@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1. DO NOT TOP POST.
> > 2. There is NO voice chat on IRC. Get something else.
> > 3. This is OT.

ok, I GOT IT!
TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK

> I believe discussions regarding top-posting vs bottom-posting are OT here.
>
> --
> Mantas Mikulėnas

well, I use gmail, searching for add-on to fix this
so, what do you recommend for very light client with text & voice chat
support?
maybe teamspeak?

Old 08-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Damien Churchill

On 1 August 2012 14:03, Δημήτρης Ζ*ρβας <01ttouch@gmail.com> wrote:
> so, what do you recommend for very light client with text & voice chat
> support?
> maybe teamspeak?

I'd check out murmur/mumble[0] if I were you, seems to cover most of
the things you are looking for.

Regards,
Damien

[0] http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Old 08-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Øyvind Heggstad

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 16:03:54 +0300
Δημήτρης Ζ*ρβας <01ttouch@gmail.com> wrote:

> well, I use gmail, searching for add-on to fix this
> so, what do you recommend for very light client with text & voice chat
> support?
> maybe teamspeak?

pidgin/xmpp or mumble.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Δημήτρης Ζέρβας

thank you!!

Old 08-16-2012, 06:10 AM
Thomas Rand

On 5 August 2012 14:13, Δημήτρης Ζ*ρβας <01ttouch@gmail.com> wrote:
> thank you!!
> --
> (\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
> (0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.
> (> <) come join the dark side.
> /_|_ (we have cookies.)
>

> On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Øyvind Heggstad <mrelendig@har-ikkje.net>wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 16:03:54 +0300
>> Δημήτρης Ζ*ρβας <01ttouch@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > well, I use gmail, searching for add-on to fix this
>> > so, what do you recommend for very light client with text & voice chat
>> > support?
>> > maybe teamspeak?
>>
>> pidgin/xmpp or mumble.

I use gmail yet ooh I bottom post!
how
click reply
hold down ctrl+end
this takes you to the bottom of the reply window tada!

no extension needed!!!!!!!!

--
Regards
Thomas Rand