-   Gentoo Portage Developer (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-portage-developer/)
-   -   About adding a repoman check to test for missing files in FILESDIR (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-portage-developer/710592-about-adding-repoman-check-test-missing-files-filesdir.html)

Pacho Ramos 10-08-2012 06:26 PM

About adding a repoman check to test for missing files in FILESDIR

Hello

Sometime ago this was already discussed but, if I don't misremember, it
was hard to implement a check for repoman to prevent us from forgetting
to commit new patches. Maybe the check could simply check if all
"${FILESDIR}" files are present? The idea is that it could simply check
of that files existence, if they are not present, show a warn (not a
"hard" warn as it could be a false positive I guess). Regarding that
file not being added to cvs tree, it doesn't show so much problems as
that error is already shown at commit time (file present but not added
to cvs)

Thanks