Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Gentoo Portage Developer (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-portage-developer/)
-   -   Please review: manpage-hdepend (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-portage-developer/706894-please-review-manpage-hdepend.html)

Dennis Schridde 09-24-2012 12:16 PM

Please review: manpage-hdepend
 
Hi!

These patches document HDEPEND and incorporate the suggestions Zac gave on the gentoo-portage-dev mailinglist regarding EAPI 6 vs. EAPI 5-hdepend.

Best regards,
Dennis

Zac Medico 09-24-2012 09:04 PM

Please review: manpage-hdepend
 
On 09/24/2012 05:16 AM, Dennis Schridde wrote:
> Hi!
>
> These patches document HDEPEND and incorporate the suggestions Zac gave on the gentoo-portage-dev mailinglist regarding EAPI 6 vs. EAPI 5-hdepend.
>
> Best regards,
> Dennis
>


Thanks, I've applied your patches. I've also made some changes here:

http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=commit;h=a2e36694d14cc895592b36ba812 e55f5cfdd9923
--
Thanks,
Zac

Dennis Schridde 09-24-2012 09:18 PM

Please review: manpage-hdepend
 
Hi!

Am Montag, 24. September 2012, 14:04:10 schrieb Zac Medico:
> On 09/24/2012 05:16 AM, Dennis Schridde wrote:
> Thanks, I've applied your patches. I've also made some changes here:
Tow comments:
* I tried to use fI for emphasis, cmdline flags and other "minor" things, and
fB for references to variables, sections, manpages, etc. (Re: "fBdo notfR",
"fBdofR")
* Why did you drop "defaulting to only fBRDEPENDfR" from the Target
subsection describing --root-deps? Was it wrong? I tried to give a quick
overview over how cross-compilation is handled and what behaviour to expect.

--Dennis

Dennis Schridde 09-24-2012 09:22 PM

Please review: manpage-hdepend
 
Am Montag, 24. September 2012, 23:18:59 schrieb Dennis Schridde:
> Am Montag, 24. September 2012, 14:04:10 schrieb Zac Medico:
> * I tried to use fI for emphasis, cmdline flags and other "minor" things,
> and fB for references to variables, sections, manpages, etc. (Re: "fBdo
> notfR", "fBdofR")
P.S: This seemed to be how sys-apps/man-pages and sys-apps/man-pages-posix do
it.

P.P.S: Thanks for applying the patches and especially for your comments and
help with submitting them correctly.

--Dennis

Zac Medico 09-24-2012 09:40 PM

Please review: manpage-hdepend
 
On 09/24/2012 02:18 PM, Dennis Schridde wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Am Montag, 24. September 2012, 14:04:10 schrieb Zac Medico:
>> On 09/24/2012 05:16 AM, Dennis Schridde wrote:
>> Thanks, I've applied your patches. I've also made some changes here:
> Tow comments:
> * I tried to use fI for emphasis, cmdline flags and other "minor" things, and
> fB for references to variables, sections, manpages, etc. (Re: "fBdo notfR",
> "fBdofR")

Okay, will change those to italics.

> * Why did you drop "defaulting to only fBRDEPENDfR" from the Target
> subsection describing --root-deps? Was it wrong? I tried to give a quick
> overview over how cross-compilation is handled and what behaviour to expect.

The default for --root-deps is actually all deps (DEPEND, RDEPEND, and
PDEPEND). For --root-deps=rdeps it's RDEPEND and PDEPEND.
--
Thanks,
Zac

Dennis Schridde 09-24-2012 09:57 PM

Please review: manpage-hdepend
 
Am Montag, 24. September 2012, 14:40:00 schrieb Zac Medico:
> On 09/24/2012 02:18 PM, Dennis Schridde wrote:
> > * Why did you drop "defaulting to only fBRDEPENDfR" from the Target
> > subsection describing --root-deps? Was it wrong? I tried to give a quick
> > overview over how cross-compilation is handled and what behaviour to
> > expect.
> The default for --root-deps is actually all deps (DEPEND, RDEPEND, and
> PDEPEND). For --root-deps=rdeps it's RDEPEND and PDEPEND.
I just noticed, the description was to be easily misunderstood. What I tried
to express was: By default emerge will install RDEPEND (and PDEPEND — forgot
about that). I'll retry and send another patch.

--Dennis


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.