Old 09-24-2012, 04:39 AM
Mike Frysinger

Default Implement host dependencies (HDEPEND) and dependencies only in affect when ROOT != / (targetroot flag).

On Sunday 23 September 2012 23:53:10 Zac Medico wrote:
> On 09/23/2012 08:44 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Sunday 23 September 2012 22:06:43 Ambroz Bizjak wrote:
> >> + case "$EAPI" in
> >
> > case ${EAPI} in
>
> If somebody manages to corrupt the EAPI with an invalid value containing
> space, then you can get a bash syntax error there if ${EAPI} is
> unquoted. Yeah, it's a user error, but it could confuse them even more
> than they are already if they see the syntax error and think that
> portage is at fault. Also, we might consider that a corrupt EAPI can
> come from a binary package (or /var/db/pkg) enviroment.bz2, and so it
> may not even be the current user who is at fault.

i don't think that's true. case is sane unlike `test` and `[`.
$ f='a b c'; case ${f} in *) echo yeah;; esac
yeah
-mike

Old 09-24-2012, 04:49 AM
Zac Medico

On 09/23/2012 09:39 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Sunday 23 September 2012 23:53:10 Zac Medico wrote:
>>>
>>> case ${EAPI} in
>>
>> If somebody manages to corrupt the EAPI with an invalid value containing
>> space, then you can get a bash syntax error there if ${EAPI} is
>> unquoted. Yeah, it's a user error, but it could confuse them even more
>> than they are already if they see the syntax error and think that
>> portage is at fault. Also, we might consider that a corrupt EAPI can
>> come from a binary package (or /var/db/pkg) enviroment.bz2, and so it
>> may not even be the current user who is at fault.
>
> i don't think that's true. case is sane unlike `test` and `[`.
> $ f='a b c'; case ${f} in *) echo yeah;; esac
> yeah
> -mike

Sorry, my mistake. I could have sworn that I was able to trigger a
syntax error with this in the past.
--
Thanks,
Zac