Old 05-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Krzysztof Pawlik

Default Ignore some unowned files during collision check

Hello,

I've added a new variable to portage named
COLLISION_UNOWNED_IGNORE_PATTERNS. It works similar to COLLISION_IGNORE, it
specifies shell patterns for unowned files that can be overwritten (will not
cause collision-protect or protect-owned to go off).

I'm not convinced about the name - if anyone has better idea I'd be more than
happy to change it

Attached patch adds code to vartree, documents new variable in manual page and
adds a default to make.globals.

--
Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael at gentoo.org> key id: 0xF6A80E46
desktop-misc, java, vim, kernel, python, apache...

Old 05-05-2012, 06:50 AM
Zac Medico

On 05/03/2012 02:03 AM, Krzysztof Pawlik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've added a new variable to portage named
> COLLISION_UNOWNED_IGNORE_PATTERNS. It works similar to COLLISION_IGNORE, it
> specifies shell patterns for unowned files that can be overwritten (will not
> cause collision-protect or protect-owned to go off).
>
> I'm not convinced about the name - if anyone has better idea I'd be more than
> happy to change it
>
> Attached patch adds code to vartree, documents new variable in manual page and
> adds a default to make.globals.

Thanks, it looks good. I've committed it, with the variable name
shortened to COLLISION_IGNORE_UNOWNED:

http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=commit;h=33545ea18e8816addb3c54bb26a 0cc788b8512e6
--
Thanks,