Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Gentoo Portage Developer (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-portage-developer/)
-   -   How to make portage create /var/log/portage/ with portage:portage owners? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-portage-developer/593415-how-make-portage-create-var-log-portage-portage-portage-owners.html)

Pacho Ramos 11-01-2011 11:28 AM

How to make portage create /var/log/portage/ with portage:portage owners?
 
I have user "pacho" under "portage" group to be able to make some tasks
without becoming root, but, sadly, I am unable to make portage
create /var/log/portage files/dirs with portage:portage owners instead
of portage:root, preventing me from removing old files without becoming
root.
Is there anyway to configure this?

Thanks a lot

Francesco Riosa 11-01-2011 11:59 AM

How to make portage create /var/log/portage/ with portage:portage owners?
 
2011/11/1 Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org>:
> I have user "pacho" under "portage" group to be able to make some tasks
> without becoming root, but, sadly, I am unable to make portage
> create /var/log/portage files/dirs with portage:portage owners instead
> of portage:root, preventing me from removing old files without becoming
> root.
> Is there anyway to configure this?
>
> Thanks a lot
>

chown -R portage:portage /var/log/portage
chmod g+s /var/log/portage
+ add your user to group portage

do the trick?

Pacho Ramos 11-01-2011 12:13 PM

How to make portage create /var/log/portage/ with portage:portage owners?
 
El mar, 01-11-2011 a las 13:59 +0100, Francesco Riosa escribió:
> 2011/11/1 Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org>:
> > I have user "pacho" under "portage" group to be able to make some tasks
> > without becoming root, but, sadly, I am unable to make portage
> > create /var/log/portage files/dirs with portage:portage owners instead
> > of portage:root, preventing me from removing old files without becoming
> > root.
> > Is there anyway to configure this?
> >
> > Thanks a lot
> >
>
> chown -R portage:portage /var/log/portage

I have tried this but each time files are recreated by portage, changes
are reset :(

> chmod g+s /var/log/portage
> + add your user to group portage
>
> do the trick?
>
>

Francesco Riosa 11-01-2011 12:25 PM

How to make portage create /var/log/portage/ with portage:portage owners?
 
2011/11/1 Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org>:
> El mar, 01-11-2011 a las 13:59 +0100, Francesco Riosa escribió:
>> 2011/11/1 Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org>:
>> > I have user "pacho" under "portage" group to be able to make some tasks
>> > without becoming root, but, sadly, I am unable to make portage
>> > create /var/log/portage files/dirs with portage:portage owners instead
>> > of portage:root, preventing me from removing old files without becoming
>> > root.
>> > Is there anyway to configure this?
>> >
>> > Thanks a lot
>> >
>>
>> chown -R portage:portage /var/log/portage
>
> I have tried this but each time files are recreated by portage, changes
> are reset :(
>
>> chmod g+s /var/log/portage
>> + add your user to group portage
>>
>> do the trick?

chmod g+s /var/log/portage
should take care of keeping newly created files in the portage group, maybe
`find /var/log/portage -type d -exec chmod g+s {} +`
work better


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:26 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.