Old 02-14-2008, 10:03 AM
"Lanza Fabrizio"

Default R: manual uninstall

> portage maintains installed package information in /var/db/pkg/ -mike

Thanks, I will try this. If I delete the package info there, will
portage thing that the package is not installed, right?

> Er, manually meaning 'I want to delete anything it installed by hand'?
or 'I want to run the phases by hand'?
> Why doesn't emerge -C work for this case?

I teorically want to manually delete what makes portage think that the
package is installed, so that it will install it again.
I cannot issue a direct emerge command because catalyst does not support
it. I don't have emerge available, though catalyst uses it internally.
But it's not customizable.

> emerge <package> will reinstall it...

I need to achieve it without emerge.

Thanks.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:31 AM
"Jonas Bernoulli"

On 2/14/08, Lanza Fabrizio <Fabrizio.Lanza@insiel.it> wrote:
> I cannot issue a direct emerge command because catalyst does not support
> it.

If the stage supports it you can use N/fsscript. Or if you want to
unmerge the package at the beginning of the loop you could modify
/usr/lib/catalyst/targets/stageN/stageN-chroot.sh.