FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo Portage Developer

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Zac Medico
 
Default dodoc creating a symlink to distfiles?

On 04/11/2011 09:04 AM, James Cloos wrote:
> the recently added sci-math/minisat ebuild has this:
>
> dodoc "${DISTDIR}"/MiniSat.pdf || die
>
> which results in:
>
> sym /usr/share/doc/minisat-2.2.0-r2/MiniSat.pdf -> /usr/portage/distfiles/MiniSat.pdf 1302537422
>
> Is that a portage issue or an issue with the ebuild?
>
> My portage is a few days old; I last merged commit 1d6e6b2fe3b01 from 27 March.
>
> -JimC

It's a side-effect from this fix which makes dodoc preserve symlinks
like doins does in EAPI 4:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=356461

I guess that we could make doins automatically dereference any symlinks
that refer to files absolute paths. For symlinks that refer to
directories by absolute paths, we could continue to preserve the symlink
as we do now.
--
Thanks,
Zac
 
Old 04-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Zac Medico
 
Default dodoc creating a symlink to distfiles?

On 04/11/2011 10:14 AM, Zac Medico wrote:
> On 04/11/2011 09:04 AM, James Cloos wrote:
>> the recently added sci-math/minisat ebuild has this:
>>
>> dodoc "${DISTDIR}"/MiniSat.pdf || die
>>
>> which results in:
>>
>> sym /usr/share/doc/minisat-2.2.0-r2/MiniSat.pdf -> /usr/portage/distfiles/MiniSat.pdf 1302537422
>>
>> Is that a portage issue or an issue with the ebuild?
>>
>> My portage is a few days old; I last merged commit 1d6e6b2fe3b01 from 27 March.
>>
>> -JimC
>
> It's a side-effect from this fix which makes dodoc preserve symlinks
> like doins does in EAPI 4:
>
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=356461
>
> I guess that we could make doins automatically dereference any symlinks
> that refer to files absolute paths. For symlinks that refer to
> directories by absolute paths, we could continue to preserve the symlink
> as we do now.

Here's the patch:

http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=commit;h=2e334d77e3d1836ab6ba5dfc170 0e90f9599d4d3
--
Thanks,
Zac
 
Old 04-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Zac Medico
 
Default dodoc creating a symlink to distfiles?

On 04/11/2011 04:32 PM, Zac Medico wrote:
> On 04/11/2011 10:14 AM, Zac Medico wrote:
>> On 04/11/2011 09:04 AM, James Cloos wrote:
>>> the recently added sci-math/minisat ebuild has this:
>>>
>>> dodoc "${DISTDIR}"/MiniSat.pdf || die
>>>
>>> which results in:
>>>
>>> sym /usr/share/doc/minisat-2.2.0-r2/MiniSat.pdf -> /usr/portage/distfiles/MiniSat.pdf 1302537422
>>>
>>> Is that a portage issue or an issue with the ebuild?
>>>
>>> My portage is a few days old; I last merged commit 1d6e6b2fe3b01 from 27 March.
>>>
>>> -JimC
>>
>> It's a side-effect from this fix which makes dodoc preserve symlinks
>> like doins does in EAPI 4:
>>
>> https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=356461
>>
>> I guess that we could make doins automatically dereference any symlinks
>> that refer to files absolute paths. For symlinks that refer to
>> directories by absolute paths, we could continue to preserve the symlink
>> as we do now.
>
> Here's the patch:
>
> http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=commit;h=2e334d77e3d1836ab6ba5dfc170 0e90f9599d4d3

Now it's constrained to $PORTAGE_ACTUAL_DISTDIR/ so that we don't stray
from PMS:

http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=commit;h=de9a536f470919651e83ece5192 3594e8605781b
--
Thanks,
Zac
 
Old 04-12-2011, 05:38 PM
James Cloos
 
Default dodoc creating a symlink to distfiles?

ZM> It's a side-effect from this fix which makes dodoc preserve symlinks

ZM> http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=commit;h=2e334d77e3d1836ab6ba5dfc170 0e90f9599d4d3
ZM> http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=commit;h=de9a536f470919651e83ece5192 3594e8605781b

Confirmed working:

>>> /usr/share/doc/minisat-2.2.0-r2/MiniSat.pdf
--- replaced sym /usr/share/doc/minisat-2.2.0-r2/MiniSat.pdf

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com> OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6
 
Old 04-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Zac Medico
 
Default dodoc creating a symlink to distfiles?

On 04/12/2011 10:38 AM, James Cloos wrote:
> ZM> It's a side-effect from this fix which makes dodoc preserve symlinks
>
> ZM> http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=commit;h=2e334d77e3d1836ab6ba5dfc170 0e90f9599d4d3
> ZM> http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=commit;h=de9a536f470919651e83ece5192 3594e8605781b
>
> Confirmed working:
>
> >>> /usr/share/doc/minisat-2.2.0-r2/MiniSat.pdf
> --- replaced sym /usr/share/doc/minisat-2.2.0-r2/MiniSat.pdf
>
> -JimC

Great! Thanks for testing.
--
Thanks,
Zac
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:40 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org