Old 02-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Vlastimil Babka

Default Does portage store checksums for every installed file in a package?

Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:

Hello all,
I was wondering whether portage calculates and stores a checksum for
every installed file (every file appearing in the output of "equery f
<PKG_NAME>"). If so, how can I access it? I've found a Manifest file in
distfiles, but it doesn't seem to store checksums for the installed files.

Yes it's in /var/db/pkg/$CAT/$PF/CONTENTS - there's md5sum and filesize
for each installed file.

You can check them for example by qcheck from portage-utils.

Caster