Old 08-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Pacho Ramos

Default Is there a way to skip tests even having "FEATURES=test" in make.conf?

Hello

Let me explain my problem:

I have just returned to my home and, then, I have a lot of packages to
update when running "emerge -avuDN world". The problem is that I have
FEATURES=test enabled in my make.conf and, since some of them take years
to run, I would like to temporally make portage skip them.

I have tried to simply disable that FEATURE temporally, but it causes
packages to change their USEs to "-test" having me to recompile them
later again.

Thanks a lot for your help :-)

Old 08-31-2010, 03:03 PM
Zac Medico

On 08/31/2010 05:14 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> Hello
>
> Let me explain my problem:
>
> I have just returned to my home and, then, I have a lot of packages to
> update when running "emerge -avuDN world". The problem is that I have
> FEATURES=test enabled in my make.conf and, since some of them take years
> to run, I would like to temporally make portage skip them.
>
> I have tried to simply disable that FEATURE temporally, but it causes
> packages to change their USEs to "-test" having me to recompile them
> later again.

In order to avoid that, a usually suggest to enable USE=test in
make.conf so that it's enabled regardless of the FEATURES=test state.

BTW, in the latest 2.2_rc releases there's support for
/etc/portage/package.env which can be used to enable or disable
FEATURES=test for specific packages. The package.env support will
also be included in portage-2.1.9 which I plan to release sometime
this week.
--
Thanks,
Zac

Old 08-31-2010, 04:01 PM
Pacho Ramos

El mar, 31-08-2010 a las 08:03 -0700, Zac Medico escribió:
> On 08/31/2010 05:14 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > Let me explain my problem:
> >
> > I have just returned to my home and, then, I have a lot of packages to
> > update when running "emerge -avuDN world". The problem is that I have
> > FEATURES=test enabled in my make.conf and, since some of them take years
> > to run, I would like to temporally make portage skip them.
> >
> > I have tried to simply disable that FEATURE temporally, but it causes
> > packages to change their USEs to "-test" having me to recompile them
> > later again.
>
> In order to avoid that, a usually suggest to enable USE=test in
> make.conf so that it's enabled regardless of the FEATURES=test state.

Silly me! It was so simple... :-O, thanks a lot!

> BTW, in the latest 2.2_rc releases there's support for
> /etc/portage/package.env which can be used to enable or disable
> FEATURES=test for specific packages. The package.env support will
> also be included in portage-2.1.9 which I plan to release sometime
> this week.

Nice! Thanks a lot for your work (and for the work of other portage team
members of course)