Old 04-08-2010, 07:03 PM
"Butterworth, John W."

Default portage dev documentation?

Can anyone tell me if there’s documentation that
thoroughly outlines how portage works?* This includes how it interacts
with rsync and a mirror.* I’ve found user guides but I want to know about
the architecture setup of* the software distribution system as well as
what’s going on in Portage under the hood.* My end-goal is to
understand both the security strengths and weaknesses of Portage.*

*

I figure the devs would know best.* I’ll gladly
read all the documentation – assuming I can find it.* I’ve
been Googling around quite a bit but it’s still a jigsaw puzzle to me.

*

Thanks,

-John