Old 03-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Mikko Rinne

Default A question regarding portage & GFS2

Hey,

It's my first time I'm mailing to this list so be warned.

I have a problem with GFS2. In the past there's been sys-fs/gfs2 ebuild
available in the portage, but for now it's been removed as one of it's
dependencies (openais) was removed.

Normally I wouldn't mind about it, but as I had the original sys-fs/gfs2
already built in the system and after running emerge --sync & emerge
--update, I found out that it actually managed to broke down mkfs.gfs2,
which is pretty essential part when you have GFS2 set up. The whole
error is; mkfs.gfs2: error while loading shared libraries:
libvolume_id.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So the question remains; As GFS2 was removed as sys-fs/gfs2, has it been
moved to any other main streamline package? If so, where. Basicly all I
need atm is the mkfs.gfs2, but any info about this is much appreciated.
Thanks.

Best Regards,

--
Mikko Rinne
Technical department

TNNet Oy
http://www.tnnet.fi
http://www.avatar.fi

Old 03-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Alec Warner

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 2:44 AM, Mikko Rinne <mikko.rinne@tnnet.fi> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> It's my first time I'm mailing to this list so be warned.
>
> I have a problem with GFS2. In the past there's been sys-fs/gfs2 ebuild
> available in the portage, but for now it's been removed as one of it's
> dependencies (openais) was removed.

You may get more relevant advice from emailing gentoo-user, as this
list is primarily focussed on development of sys-apps/portage.

> Normally I wouldn't mind about it, but as I had the original sys-fs/gfs2
> already built in the system and after running emerge --sync & emerge
> --update, I found out that it actually managed to broke down mkfs.gfs2,
> which is pretty essential part when you have GFS2 set up. The whole error
> is; mkfs.gfs2: error while loading shared libraries: libvolume_id.so.0:
>
> So the question remains; As GFS2 was removed as sys-fs/gfs2, has it been
> moved to any other main streamline package? If so, where. Basicly all I need
> atm is the mkfs.gfs2, but any info about this is much appreciated. Thanks.

You are free to go to http://sources.gentoo.org, click on 'gentoo-x86'
and find the ebuild for sys-fs/gfs2 and use it (and its associated
files) to build a new mkfs.gfs2.
You should probably put this ebuild in an overlay

-A