Old 12-31-2009, 07:15 AM
Amit Dor-Shifer

Default Should IUSE include flags specified in "Built with USE Dependencies"

Given the following DEPENDency:
this-flag? (app-misc/foo[that-flag])

The respective ebuild should include 'this-flag' in IUSE.
should it also include 'that-flag'?

The manpage says all USE flags "leveraged" by the ebuild should be
included in IUSE. I understand this as telling me to include said flag,
but I'm in-doubt.

Amit

Old 12-31-2009, 09:41 AM
Zac Medico

On 12/31/2009 12:15 AM, Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
> Given the following DEPENDency:
> this-flag? (app-misc/foo[that-flag])
>
> The respective ebuild should include 'this-flag' in IUSE.
> should it also include 'that-flag'?

No, 'that-flag' belongs in the IUSE of the app-misc/foo ebuild.
--
Thanks,
Zac