Old 12-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Pacho Ramos

Default Question about a blocker with portage-2.1.6

Hello

I am not sure if this is the proper place for asking this, if not,
please let me know the proper one and sorry for the inconvenience

I am using portage-2.1.6, when I tried to update to testing gtk+ I
needed to also update to:
=x11-libs/gtk+-2.14.5*
=dev-libs/glib-2.18.3*
=gnome-base/gail-1000

After adding these to package.keywords I executed emerge -avuDN world,
but it failed because of gail <1000 blocking gtk+-2.14.5 installation.
This was easily solved simply unmerging old version, but I would know
why emerge was unable to unmerge it and merge new version automatically
(I thought that new portage would do it, but seems that not in this
case)
gtk+-2.14.5.ebuild has the following:
!<gnome-base/gail-1000"
in RDEPEND