-   Gentoo Portage Developer (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-portage-developer/)
-   -   Time to say goodbye (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-portage-developer/202614-time-say-goodbye.html)

Marius Mauch 11-30-2008 02:19 PM

Time to say goodbye

So, time has come for me to realize that my time with Gentoo is over. I
haven't actually been doing much Gentoo work over the last months due
to personal reasons (nothing Gentoo related), and I don't see that
situation changing in the near future. In fact I've already reassigned
or dropped most of my responsibilites in Gentoo a while ago, so there
are just a few pet projects left to give away:
- my gentoo-stats project (in the portage/gentoo-stats svn repository).
I know quite a few people are interested in the idea of collecting
various statistic data from gentoo user systems, and I'd encourage
everyone who wants to implement such a system to at least look at it (I
may have even finished it if I wouldn't have wasted my time focusing on
the wrong problems). There is quite a bit of documentation also that
should help to get you started
- a graphical security update tool (see bug #190397)

So if anyone wants to adopt those, complete or just parts, just take
them. As for Portage, Zac has practically already filled my role.

So I guess that wraps it up. It's been a nice ride most of the time,
but now it's time for me to leave the Gentoo train.

Marius