Old 06-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Казанков Александр Владимирович

Default EAPI, Berlin Packaging API.

Hi.

Recently has seen news about renewal of project Berlin Packaging API and
it became interesting to me, that developers think about EAPI and LSB
Package API (http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/LSB_Package_API)? Whether
such realization in portage awakes? Such integration will make the
distribution kit more flexible!?

--
С уважением,
Александр,

Old 06-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Tuesday 24 June 2008, Казанков Александр Владимирович wrote:
> Recently has seen news about renewal of project Berlin Packaging API and
> it became interesting to me, that developers think about EAPI and LSB
> Package API (http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/LSB_Package_API)? Whether
> such realization in portage awakes? Such integration will make the
> distribution kit more flexible!?

considering Gentoo is not (and probably never will be) LSB compliant, i'm not
sure how much the packaging stuff matters. search the dev mailing lists on
the topic.
-mike