-   Gentoo Portage Developer (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-portage-developer/)
-   -   Portage persistence structures :: information about ports tree (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-portage-developer/103653-portage-persistence-structures-information-about-ports-tree.html)

João Macaíba 06-09-2008 11:51 PM

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 01:07 +0200, Marius Mauch wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:36:14 -0300
> João Macaíba <joao.macaiba@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > May someone give me some help on this ? How does portage do the
> > searchs ? Walk into the ports tree and build some structure or store
> > this info on some embedded database like berkeley db or sqlite ?
>
> You're probably looking for the portdbapi class defined in
> pym/portage.py (or pym/portage/dbapi/porttree.py in 2.2), in particular
> the cp_all(), cpv_all(), cp_list() and aux_get() methods.
>
> Marius

Thanks very much, Marius, for you help/time ! :)

I'll take a look at them.

Best regards.
--
João Macaíba <joao.macaiba@gmail.com>

Brian 06-10-2008 01:55 AM

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 20:51 -0300, João Macaíba wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 01:07 +0200, Marius Mauch wrote:
> > On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:36:14 -0300
> > João Macaíba <joao.macaiba@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > May someone give me some help on this ? How does portage do the
> > > searchs ? Walk into the ports tree and build some structure or store
> > > this info on some embedded database like berkeley db or sqlite ?
> >
> > You're probably looking for the portdbapi class defined in
> > pym/portage.py (or pym/portage/dbapi/porttree.py in 2.2), in particular
> > the cp_all(), cpv_all(), cp_list() and aux_get() methods.
> >
> > Marius

I think for searching you may find the xmatch function to be a very
versatile and useful tool. I think it is one of the more used functions
that porthole uses from portage.

Brian <dol-sen@telus.net>