FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo Hardened

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Molnár Péter
 
Default Binary package error

Hi all,

I have this problem with glibc that when I tried to re-emerge it from a
binary package, it has failed with the following error message:


* Your system still has old SSP __guard symbols. You need to
* rebuild all the packages that provide these files first:
* //lib64/libhistory.so.5
* //lib64/libreadline.so.5
* //usr/lib64/libssl.so.0.9.8
* //usr/lib64/libltdl.so.3
* //usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
* //usr/lib64/libgmp.so.3
* ERROR: sys-libs/glibc-2.12.2 failed (setup phase):
* old __guard detected

What I don't get, is that I have previously rebuilt every package on the
packager box before uploading it to my binary package repo. So how can
this still be a problem?


Cheers,
--
Molnár Péter <mp428@hszk.bme.hu>
 
Old 07-25-2012, 12:20 AM
Molnár Péter
 
Default Binary package error

On 07/25/2012 01:58 AM, Molnár Péter wrote:

Hi all,

I have this problem with glibc that when I tried to re-emerge it from a
binary package, it has failed with the following error message:

* Your system still has old SSP __guard symbols. You need to
* rebuild all the packages that provide these files first:
* //lib64/libhistory.so.5
* //lib64/libreadline.so.5
* //usr/lib64/libssl.so.0.9.8
* //usr/lib64/libltdl.so.3
* //usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
* //usr/lib64/libgmp.so.3
* ERROR: sys-libs/glibc-2.12.2 failed (setup phase):
* old __guard detected

What I don't get, is that I have previously rebuilt every package on the
packager box before uploading it to my binary package repo. So how can
this still be a problem?


Ok, I have figured it out. So these are leftovers from earlier versions,
but how come these were not removed when I updated those packages?


Cheers,
--
Molnár Péter <mp428@hszk.bme.hu>
 
Old 07-25-2012, 05:27 AM
Graham Murray
 
Default Binary package error

Molnár Péter <mp428@hszk.bme.hu> writes:

> On 07/25/2012 01:58 AM, Molnár Péter wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have this problem with glibc that when I tried to re-emerge it from a
>> binary package, it has failed with the following error message:
>>
>> * Your system still has old SSP __guard symbols. You need to
>> * rebuild all the packages that provide these files first:
>> * //lib64/libhistory.so.5
>> * //lib64/libreadline.so.5
>> * //usr/lib64/libssl.so.0.9.8
>> * //usr/lib64/libltdl.so.3
>> * //usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
>> * //usr/lib64/libgmp.so.3
>> * ERROR: sys-libs/glibc-2.12.2 failed (setup phase):
>> * old __guard detected
>>
>> What I don't get, is that I have previously rebuilt every package on the
>> packager box before uploading it to my binary package repo. So how can
>> this still be a problem?
>
> Ok, I have figured it out. So these are leftovers from earlier
> versions, but how come these were not removed when I updated those
> packages?
>
> cheers

Because removing these libraries before the packages using them are
rebuilt would break your system to such an extent that you would not be
able to build packages. So an elog when building these packages tells
you to run revdep-rebuild and then delete the old library versions. With
portage 2.2's preserved-libs feature, the old libs are deleted
automatically once all the dependent packages are re-built to use the
new lib.
 
Old 07-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Molnár Péter
 
Default Binary package error

On 07/25/2012 07:27 AM, Graham Murray wrote:

Because removing these libraries before the packages using them are
rebuilt would break your system to such an extent that you would not be
able to build packages. So an elog when building these packages tells
you to run revdep-rebuild and then delete the old library versions. With
portage 2.2's preserved-libs feature, the old libs are deleted
automatically once all the dependent packages are re-built to use the
new lib.



Okay, thank you!

Cheers,
--
Molnár Péter <mp428@hszk.bme.hu>
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:40 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org