-   Gentoo Hardened (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-hardened/)
-   -   SELinux Gentoo/Hardened amd64 VM (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-hardened/679038-selinux-gentoo-hardened-amd64-vm.html)

Matthew Thode 07-01-2012 03:56 PM

SELinux Gentoo/Hardened amd64 VM

On 07/01/2012 09:44 AM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm working on having SELinux-enabled, Gentoo Hardened VMs available for
> people to test things with. If succesfull, I'd also like to see if I can
> create some sort of DIY-course on SELinux based on these images (i.e.
> documentation based on these VMs with educational questions and tasks for
> people to get acquainted with SELinux and Gentoo Hardened).
>
> But first things first. I've uploaded a first version of such a VM to
> dev.gentoo.org. For the developers here on the mailinglist, could some of
> you please see if the VM works on your (amd64) system(s)? I always start my
> VMs with "-cpu kvm64" so I hope they work on all systems where Qemu supports
> the kvm64 CPU type, but still, some confirmation would never hurt.
>
> Also, the kernel uses paravirtualization to speed things up and I don't know
> how it'll react on other systems.
>
> So, for those willing to help, please fetch a copy from
> /space/experimental-local/amd64/qemu-selinux and give my your feedback. I'll
> wait for a few (hopefully) succesful runs before I ask infrastructure to
> synchronize it with the mirrors to allow users to test it out as well.
>
> The compressed image is about 157Mbyte and expands to about 1.4 Gbyte
> (qcow2 format).
>
> Wkr,
> Sven Vermeulen

What is the full command line you used for this? (qemu-system-x86_64...)

--
-- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)

Sven Vermeulen 07-01-2012 04:36 PM

On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 10:56:31AM -0500, Matthew Thode wrote:
> What is the full command line you used for this? (qemu-system-x86_64...)

The one I use is the following:

qemu-system-x86_64 --enable-kvm -gdb tcp::1239 -vnc 127.0.0.1:5 -net
nic,model=virtio,macaddr=00:11:22:33:44:b1,vlan=0 -net vde,vlan=0 -drive
file=/srv/virt/gentoo/test.img,if=virtio,cache=writeback,boot=on -usb
-usbdevice tablet -smp 4 -cpu kvm64 -k nl-be -m 1536

I'd like to know which things in the commandline are mandatory (so that I
can create proper documentation) and which not. Which reminds me to reset
the keyboard on the images as I'm using a non-standard layout...

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen