-   Gentoo Hardened (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-hardened/)
-   -   JIT code and mprotect (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-hardened/674157-jit-code-mprotect.html)

Kevin Chadwick 06-18-2012 04:05 PM

JIT code and mprotect

> This is similar to what USE=orc does — creating an executable in /tmp
> at runtime. It works with GStreamer on hardened, if allowed by
> GRKERNSEC_TPE. I still don't like the concept, and switch orc off.

Not sure if this has any relevence. I've found removing the gstreamer
registry and then using the debug option environment variable.

ORC_CODE=emulate

allows gstreamer to work to a larger degree on a grsecurity kernel and
Opera and parole to play sound.

Why not do something good every day and install BOINC.