Old 04-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Alain Toussaint

Default keyword: amd64 or ~amd64?

Hello everyone,
*************** I?m building from scratch a Samba file server which I may use samba4 git version (i.e. not a package from Gentoo) but the rest will be stock Gentoo and for the moment, I?m running stable and the profile is amd64/no-multilib/selinux. In order to have a good set of policies, should I run ~amd64 or the default will be fine?

*
This is for a small workgroup server with 5 clients.
*

The machine is a dual core AMD Athlon 4600 with 4GB of ram and, for the moment, 280GB of disk space.
*
Alain

Old 04-09-2012, 10:40 PM
"Aaron W. Swenson"

Old 04-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Sven Vermeulen

On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 06:36:00PM -0400, Alain Toussaint wrote:
> I’m building from scratch a Samba file server which I may
> use samba4 git version (i.e. not a package from Gentoo) but the rest will
> be stock Gentoo and for the moment, I’m running stable and the profile is
> amd64/no-multilib/selinux. In order to have a good set of policies, should
> I run ~amd64 or the default will be fine?

I definitely don't recommend running the entire system in ~arch with
SELinux. I'm not able to work out the policies for ~arch in time as soon as
they are needed (in other words, I can use the 30 days "stabilization" just
to make sure the policies don't make your system unworkable).

However, the policies themselves might be a candidate for running in ~arch.

That being said, if the stable policies work for you, keep them in the
stable state

Sven