Old 03-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Sven Vermeulen

Default Problems with su on 20120215 policy and latest policycoreutils

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 07:07:54PM +0100, Krzysztof Nowicki wrote:
> Recently I've upgraded the policy to the latest testing version. I've also had to upgrade policycoreutils (+deps) to the versions from the overlay, since they're required by the policies. Everything seems to be working fine for now, but I noticed a problem with su. Every time I try to use it an error is displayed:
>
> su: Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info
>
> This message is displayed regardless of the user executing su (even for root/sysadm_r).
[...]

Hi Krzysztof,

This should be tackled with selinux-base-policy-2.20120215-r3 (and
selinux-base-2.20120215-r3) and later. Can you check if that is indeed met?

Iirc, the su domains needed getattr rights on the security_t domain:

~# sesearch -s staff_su_t -t security_t -c filesystem -p getattr -A;
Found 1 semantic av rules:
allow staff_su_t security_t : filesystem getattr ;

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen