Old 03-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Krzysztof Nowicki

Default Problems with su on 20120215 policy and latest policycoreutils

Hi,

Recently I've upgraded the policy to the latest testing version. I've also had to upgrade policycoreutils (+deps) to the versions from the overlay, since they're required by the policies. Everything seems to be working fine for now, but I noticed a problem with su. Every time I try to use it an error is displayed:

su: Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info

This message is displayed regardless of the user executing su (even for root/sysadm_r).

I did some initial digging and it seems that when su is used, the unix_chkpwd helper is never executed. The helper itself works, because I can see some avc messages from it when logging over ssh. I tried to enable some debugging on pam but with no results.

Has anyone encountered these problems?

Best regards
Chris