Old 02-25-2012, 08:06 AM
"PaX Team"

Default Gnash and aslr-fix

On 25 Feb 2012 at 10:09, Christian Apeltauer wrote:

hi,

> The code wasn't exactly the same as expected by firefox's
> ff9-aslr-fix.patch, but I was able to port it to gnash. gnash works
> now. Nonetheless I would like to have my patch to be reviewed by
> someone who has a better understanding of what's going on.

while the patch looks good me, can't you simply configure gnash to not use
the embedded jemalloc copy but the systemwide one (which was fixed 2 years
ago or so)?

Old 02-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Christian Apeltauer

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 11:06:06 +0200
"PaX Team" <pageexec@freemail.hu> wrote:

> On 25 Feb 2012 at 10:09, Christian Apeltauer wrote:
>
> hi,
>
> > The code wasn't exactly the same as expected by firefox's
> > ff9-aslr-fix.patch, but I was able to port it to gnash. gnash works
> > now. Nonetheless I would like to have my patch to be reviewed by
> > someone who has a better understanding of what's going on.
>
> while the patch looks good me, can't you simply configure gnash to
> not use the embedded jemalloc copy but the systemwide one (which was
> fixed 2 years ago or so)?

I added --disable-jemalloc to $myconf and gnash worked without the
patch.
Thanks

Old 02-26-2012, 09:44 AM
"PaX Team"

On 26 Feb 2012 at 11:01, Christian Apeltauer wrote:

> > while the patch looks good me, can't you simply configure gnash to
> > not use the embedded jemalloc copy but the systemwide one (which was
> > fixed 2 years ago or so)?
>
> I added --disable-jemalloc to $myconf and gnash worked without the
> patch.

you should probably open a bug about and let the maintainers fix the ebuild for everyone .

Old 02-26-2012, 01:04 PM
"Anthony G. Basile"